The Cassidy Bequest Scholarships are open for award to undergraduate or graduate students studying Music (BMus and BFA-Contemporary Music), Theatre, Production or Music Theatre.
Approximately $20,000 - multiple awards will be made across disciplines.
Applications for the 2013 scholarships will close on Monday 25 March.
Criteria & eligibility
These scholarships are open for award to undergraduate or graduate students studying Music (BMus and BFA-Contemporary Music), Theatre, Production or Music Theatre. One or two scholarships for each discipline will be awarded.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation in 2013;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the relevant heads of schools, will approve the recipients.
How to apply
Use the online application process, which will go live on this page at the beginning of Orientation week, semester one. You'll be asked to provide your personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You'll be asked to attach some documents, such as CV and academic transcript (or most recent other results, such as VCE scores), and you'll also have the option to include any support material you feel gives weight to your application. Where financial need is a consideration, you'll also be asked to provide an estimate of your budget for the year ahead.
On receipt of this scholarship, students may be requested to write a letter of thanks to the donors or trustees; may be requested to submit a progress report during the year to donors or trustees; and/or may be asked to fill out a student profile questionnaire.
This scholarship will next be open for application in Orientation Week, 2014.